Three-ingredient crispy Homemade French Fries made in the Frigidaire Air Fry Range are the perfect alternative to the deep-fried version.
The key to perfectly crispy Homemade French Fries is all in how you prepare them. I’ll help you master this family favorite side dish in just a few steps.
Air Fried French Fries were inspired by these Frigidaire Air Fry Range Recipes like these popular Air Fry Range Crunch Wrap Supreme, and they go perfectly with Air Fry Range Sticky Fingers. Other vegetable side dishes like Air Fry Oven Broccoli & Air Fry Range Brussel Sprouts are also quick and easy side dish recipes.
Using just three simple ingredients you can make Homemade Air Fryer French Fries.
- Russett Baking Potatoes
- Avocado Oil
- Seasoning of your choice (sea salt, black pepper, Lawreys)
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make Homemade French Fries
To start, wash the potatoes with a vegetable rag or brush. Peel the skin off the potatoes if you prefer, but I recommend keeping the skins on.
Once all of the potatoes are in the water agitate the potatoes until the water becomes cloudy. Pour out the water and refill the bowl with cold water again. Allow the potatoes to soak for 15-30 minutes.
Next, drain the water and place the potatoes on a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Pat with paper towels to remove excess water. Allow the potatoes to air dry for a minimum of 15 minutes.
Set the Air Fry cooking temperature to 400°F. Return the dry potatoes to the mixing bowl and add avocado oil. Toss the potatoes to coat them lightly in oil.
Add seasonings to the bowl and toss again to coat evenly.
Dump the oiled and seasoned potatoes onto the Frigidaire ReadyCook Air Fry Tray. Spread the potatoes out into one layer.
Place the air fry tray into the Frigidaire Air Fry Oven with a prepared drip tray two rack spaces below the air fry tray to prevent any crumbs or drips from falling onto the bottom of the oven.
Air fry French Fries for 20-25 minutes turning with a spatula halfway through the cooking cycle. For extra crispy fries see the tips section below.
Tips For Crispy French Fries:
- The longer you soak the potatoes the more starch that can be removed. Resulting in a crispier air-fried French fry texture.
- Don’t skip the air-drying step. When air frying you’re pulling the moisture out of the food to “fry” or “crisp up” the outside of the food.
- For extra crispy fries turn the air frying temperature up to 500° after the initial 20-minute cooking time and air fry for an additional 5-8 minutes or until they reach your desired crispness.
- Cut the fries as evenly as possible to avoid some of them from cooking faster than others.
- Thin-cut fries will take less time than thick-cut fries, adjust your cooking time as needed.
- Use AVOCADO oil. In the air fry range, you must use oils with a high smoking point to avoid filling your house with smoke.
- Use Russett Potatoes-these have the best taste, texture, and shape for fries.
Oil – Instead of avocado oil you can substitute it for another oil that has a high smoking point. Avocado oil has a smoking point of 520°-570°, grapeseed oil has a smoking point of 410°, light olive oil at 468°, and peanut oil at 450° These oils all have high smoking points and will help to prevent smoking when air frying. Avocado oil is my preference for health benefits.
Seasoning – substitute Lawry’s seasoning with sea salt, granulated garlic, black pepper, or your favorite blend of seasoning and spices.
What To Serve With French Fries
- Air Fry Range Sticky Fingers
- Air Fried Nashville Hot Chicken
- Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
Make Ahead & Reheating
Prepare the potatoes and leave them soaking in cold water in the fridge for up to 6 hours ahead of time. To reheat, select Air Fry and set the temperature to 350°. Place the French fries on the ReadyCook Air Fry Tray and back into the Air Fry range for 8-10 minutes or until they are warmed through and crispy.
This recipe is specifically intended for full-size ovens with the air fry feature like the Frigidaire Air Fry Range I own. The cook times and temperatures for the range with air fry may vary from smaller countertop air fryers. Follow the recipes below for complete instructions. For small air fryers cooking time and temperatures may need to be adjusted. For the full review of the Frigidaire Air Fry Range go here.
Three ingredient crispy Homemade French Fries made in the Frigidaire Air Fry Range are the perfect side dish.
- 4 Medium Russet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt (season to taste)
- Select Air Fry and set the cooking temperature to 400°F.
- Wash the potatoes. Peel if you prefer no skins. I recommend leaving them on.
- Cut the ends off of the potato and slice the potatoes into ½ in. slices lengthwise.
- Now cut each slice into even strips that are around ½ inch thick.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a bowl of cold water.
- Agitate the potatoes in the water with your hands until the water becomes cloudy.
- Pour out the water and refill the bowl with cold water again.
- Allow the potatoes to soak for 15-30 minutes. (the longer the better)
- Drain the water and place the potatoes on a paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- Pat with paper towels to remove excess water. Allow the potatoes to air dry for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Return the dry potatoes to the mixing bowl and drizzle oven avocado oil.
- Toss the potatoes to coat them lightly in oil.
- Season the potatoes and toss again to coat evenly.
- Dump the oiled and seasoned potatoes onto the Frigidaire ReadyCook Air FryTray.
- Spread the potatoes out into one layer.
- Place the air fry tray into the Frigidaire Air Fry Oven with a prepared drip tray two rack spaces below the air fry tray to prevent any crumbs or drips from falling onto the bottom of the oven.
- Air fry French Fries for 20 minutes turning with a spatula halfway through the cooking cycle.
- For extra crispy fries turn the air frying temperature up to 500° for an additional 5 minutes or until the fries reach the desired crispness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 523mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
This recipe has about 153 calories per serving along with 5 grams of total fat, 3 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein, and 25 carbohydrates. Homemade Air fryer French Fries are a healthier alternative to the deep-fried version.
The air fryer range is perfect for cooking frozen French fries. Using the air fry tray place the desired amount of frozen fries in an even layer and air fry on 350-400° for 18-20 minutes depending on the thickness and type of fries.
Yes, you can but you probably won’t have great results. You will most likely end up with fries that are over browned on the outside and undercooked on the inside. Soaking removes excess starch from the potato and results in an evenly browned and crispier texture.