Make Taco Tuesday even better with these delicious air fryer tacos. Ready in under 30 minutes the whole family will rave about the perfectly crispy taco shells topped with cheese and all of your favorite toppings.
Tacos are the perfect 30-minute recipe and the best part is there’s virtually no prep work needed. Whether you are serving an easy weeknight dinner or a Cinco De Mayo fiesta everyone will love these tacos.
For all my valued readers, Thomas Cattle Company is extending an exclusive coupon code for your first order. Keep reading to save money and treat yourself and your loved ones to an unforgettable culinary experience while supporting responsible agriculture. Place your order today and relish the exceptional distinction it brings to your table!
If you love Taco Tuesday you will also love these other easy recipes.
- Air Fried Crunch Wrap Supreme
- Air Fryer Fish Tacos recipe.
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- Air Fried or Baked Chicken Flautas
- Crunchy Taco Shells (stand and stuff)
- 80/20 Lean Ground Beef (shop quality ground beef here)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Ground Cumin
- Chili Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Shredded Cheese
- Diced Avocado
- Diced Tomato
- Sour Cream
- Taco Sauce/Hot Sauce
- Fresh Cilantro
See the recipe card for quantities.
Using the Frigidaire Air Fryer Oven preheat using the air fry function. Set the air frying temperature to 350 degrees.
In a large skillet add a tablespoon of avocado or olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add to the skillet lean ground beef. Using a wooden spatula break the ground beef apart and cook for 5-6 minutes until there is little to no pink left. If needed drain the grease from the meat.
Season the ground beef with sea salt, black pepper, ground cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. I prefer to season the taco meat this way so I am in control of the salt and flavors but you could also use a taco seasoning packet if you prefer.
Stir spices and ground beef to fully combine. Sauté for 1-2 minutes longer and turn off the heat.
Using a 9×12 glass baking pan place taco shells standing up side by side. You don’t have to use Stand and Stuff shells but it does make it easier to spoon the taco filling into the shells.
Fill each taco shell with a large spoon full of prepared ground beef and top them with shredded cheese. Sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheese pair perfectly with these tacos.
Place the baking pan in the oven on the middle rack and air fry for 6-7 minutes or until the taco shells are golden and the cheese has melted.
Serve taco bar style and allow everyone to customize their own tacos to their liking.
Quality Ground Beef Delivered To Your Door
Using high-quality lean ground beef from Thomas Cattle Company will elevate any basic weeknight dinner to an amazing meal. Thomas Cattle Company raises all-natural Angus beef with exceptional attention to humane handling practices, and a focus on consistency and attention to detail. They believe that the better care they take of their cattle, the better they will serve the customer in the quality of their meat and it shows in the products that are delivered to my door! Read all about TCC here and shop the ground beef used in this recipe and use code HOLLISHOMESTEAD for $20 off your first order of $100!
What To Serve With Tacos
Counter Top Air Fryer Instructions
To air-fry tacos in a countertop air fryer set the temperature to 350 and place filled taco shells topped with cheese in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for 3-4 minutes or until shells are crispy and cheese has melted. Work in batches until all of the tacos have been air-fried.
If you don’t yet have an oven that can air fry for the whole family all at once you can still make these using your oven. Follow the same instructions for the air fryer range but preheat the oven to 350 and bake the filled taco shells for about 8 minutes or until the shells are golden and crispy and the cheese has melted.
- Gluten-Free – instead of traditional crunchy shells try these Siete gluten-free and grain-free taco shells.
- Cheese – use Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, or Sharp cheddar cheese on top of your tacos.
- Low Fat- replace ground beef hamburger with lean ground turkey for an even lighter lower fat version.
- Spicy – add chili pepper flakes or hot chili powder for a spicier beef mixture.
- Deluxe – add guacamole, roasted corn, cotija cheese, and fresh green onion.
This recipe is specifically intended for full-size ovens with the air fry feature like the Frigidaire Air Fry Range I own. The cook times and temperatures for the range with air fry may vary from smaller countertop air fryers. Follow the recipes below for complete instructions. For small air fryers cooking time and temperatures may need to be adjusted. For the full review of the Frigidaire Air Fry Range go here.
Storage & Leftovers
If you have any leftover ground beef store it in an airtight container for up to three days. A great way to use seasoned taco meat the next day for taco bowls, taco salad, or in a warm tortilla for another night of the week.
Crispy Air Fryer Beef Tacos
- 8 Crunchy Taco Shells stand and stuff
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ cup Sharp Cheese shredded
- Avocado optional
- Tomato optional
- Sour Cream optional
- Taco Sauce optional
- Fresh Cilantro optional
- Pre heat the oven to 350° (Air fry setting if avaliable)
- In a large skillet add a tablespoon of avocado or olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add to the skillet lean ground beef. Using a wooden spatula break the ground beef apart.
- Brown the meat for 5-6 minutes until there is little to no pink left.
- If needed drain the grease from the meat
- Season the ground beef with sea salt, black pepper, ground cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Stir spices and ground beef to fully combine. Saute for 1-2 minutes longer and turn off the heat.
- Using a 9×12 glass baking pan place taco shells standing up side by side.
- Fill each taco shell with a large spoon full of prepared ground beef and top them with shredded cheese.
- Place the baking pan in the oven on the middle rack and air fry or bake for 6-7 minutes or until the taco shells are golden and the cheese has melted.
- Serve taco bar style with your favorite toppings.