Top off homemade taco salad with this delicious and cool creamy salsa dressing. This two ingredient dressing goes perfect on top of seasoned ground beef taco salad.
This easy two ingredient taco salad dressing goes AMAZING with this Doritos Taco Salad recipe. It also makes a great dip for nacho cheese Doritos.
You’ll only need two ingredients for this recipe, your favorite thick and chunky salsa and sour cream. I do recommend using a thicker salsa like Original Pace Picante Sauce or something with the same consistency. If your salsa is really thin your dressing will also be watery and thin.
- Favorite Salsa (thick & chunky style recommended)
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make it
To make this simple two-ingredient taco salad dressing you will need sour cream and salsa. We call this creamy salsa taco salad dressing “pink” dressing because when you blend up the salsa and sour cream it turns a light pink color.
For a creamy dressing blend the two ingredients for 30 seconds in the blender. If you prefer a chunky texture you can mix the two ingredients by hand in a bowl. Keep in mind the heat of the salsa you use will determine how spicy the salad dressing will be.
If you like taco salad you may also enjoy these other easy 30 minute meals.
- Crispy Air Fryer Beef Tacos
- Air Fry Crunch Wrap Supreme
- Air Fry Fish Stick Tacos
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps
As I mentioned above you can substitute the sour cream for a plain Greek yogurt instead. This will make the dressing even creamier.
- Spicy – use a “hot” salsa if you want to add a kick to your taco salad.
- Kid friendly – use a mild salsa and blend it together to hide any chunky vegetables.
See the full Doritos Taco Salad Recipe here.
You can certainly mix the salsa and sour cream together with a fork or a whisk for an even simpler dressing but if you prefer a smooth and creamy texture dressing use a high powered blender like this.
Store leftover cream salsa dressing in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Creamy Salsa Taco Salad Dressing
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ¾ Cup Salsa Thick & Chunky
- For a smooth and creamy dressing blend salsa and sour cream together for 30 sec in a blender.
- For a chunky consistency mix or whisk salsa and sour cream together by hand in a small mixing bowl.
Cool & creamy salsa dressing goes perfectly with taco salad. You could also serve it with a side of Spanish rice and a margarita.
Combine thick and chunky salsa in the blender with creamy sour cream or Greek yogurt for an easy and delicious taco salad dressing.
Yes! Greek yogurt is an easy 1:1 ratio substitution for sour cream.